This is an article that beautifully explains the art of the coffee ceremonies in Ethiopia - something we enjoyed SO much while in country and one of the things we miss the most about being there. Brought home our own jebena - now we just have to find some green coffee beans!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very interesting! I'm stealing this for my blog if you don't mind, since we are just starting our adoption journey and I am wanting to educate myself and my family on Ethiopia.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I come to your blog regularly just to see your baby boy up there!!! Hope that's not weird or anything, he is just so adorable!
ReplyDeleteask your local coffee shop if they have any, know of any or can get you some. Odds are, they know a home roaster. Otherwise, this is a company in the small town where we live- I used to work in a coffee shop and the guy who owns this came in all the time http://www.u-roast-em.com/
ReplyDelete(Also, not sure how you're planning on roasting them- but I heard you can roast them in an old school air popper like this one http://www.amazon.com/Presto-114316-04820-PopLite-Popper/dp/B00006IUWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316098302&sr=8-1