Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You are so loved!

Hello my sweet baby.  It's been a while since I've written a note to you, but that doesn't diminish the fact that you are on my mind every second of every day, in every thought and every prayer.  I long for the day that I get to hold you in my arms and kiss your sweet chocolate skin!

I wanted to tell you about what happened this past Saturday, October 9th.  There was something that we had been planning for quite a while and it finally happened!  TWENTY people, some who know us well, others not at all, came together to get us one step closer to bringing you home.  You see, Love, they all sell something fantastic, and usually they do this to make money for themselves or for their family, but on this very special day, they sold it all for YOU!  It was unbelievable how God brought this group of people together for ONE child.  A child that they don't even know.  That ONE child is YOU, Love.  It wasn't just those 20 people, there was over 100 people who came to shop!  Over 100 people came to spend their hard earned money so that YOU could come home to your family! 

When all is said and done, from one incredible day, this group of people will have bought us a plane ticket to come and see you for the first time.  They will all be a part of our meeting you for the first time.  There are no words to describe how grateful we are.

You know what people kept saying to me? 

They kept saying, "This baby has no idea how loved they are already." 

Everyone is looking forward to the party that we will throw when you come home.  Huge party.  Huge.

Your family is larger than you will ever know and we are blessed by them every day.  We are humbled by their generosity and the encouragement that they give us while we wait for you to come home.

I believe it is Wednesday morning in Ethiopia right now, which, if you have been born already, means you are waking up, eating breakfast, and starting your day.  I hope you feel loved today.  I hope you have a full belly and you're comfortable and you want for nothing.  I hope you are cradled in the arms of the one who loved you before us.  I hope you have a sense of how much you are wanted and how precious you are.

I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

1 comment: