This is not a HUGE deal for us, but rather a little inconvenient. Bottom line: He's our son. Whether or not he has a disease at this point that we don't already know about is irrelevant, other than we would appreciate the opportunity to be prepared as much as possible before bringing him home. His first assessments show that he is a very healthy baby and that we have nothing to worry about. Besides...what will worrying get us?
I am very happy that we get to spend some time at the care center where he is now. It will, after all, be the place he has lived the longest prior to coming home with us. It is also supposedly a beautiful, rural part of the country, and those who have traveled already are jealous that we get to spend more time there.
So glad that God has this all under control so that we don't have to worry about it. A few versus that bring us comfort:
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.Psalm 46:1
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
Thank you for the verse. I printined it off and stuck it to the refridgerator! I have been very confusued with all of this new info they gave us and the James verse you posted is just what I needed. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWe traveled down to Hosanna and I am glad we did, the country was beautiful and we got to see where they live. I was worried about the care but our children did very well there and our son passed away in Addis with the best of Ethiopian medical care because the city has more outbreaks. Wish they would have stayed in Hosanna the entire time!!!! Might be a blessing in disguise...
ReplyDelete