Thursday, April 1, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

A lot of you may not be aware, since we've barely just met, that Daddy had major reconstructive foot surgery in early February.  Everything is healing well and he is going to return to work on Tuesday!!  Want confirmation that God still performs miracles?  Well, before D went out on disability, he interviewed for a management position.  Because the interview was so close to his going out for surgery, he decided to tell them that he was going to be out for most of February and all of March due to his surgery, knowing that technically they couldn't not give him the job because of that, but that they could definitely let him know that there was a "better candidate" for the job if they needed someone who was actually going to be there the first two months of the job.  D had interviewed for two or three other management positions leading up to this, not disclosing that he was going to be out for two months, and did not get the positions, which is really unusual for him.  It is very rare that he tests for or interviews for something and doesn't get it.  So, knowing that they probably wouldn't offer him this position because he was going to be on a significant leave of absence when he should be starting the job, we were shocked to get the call about one week postop offering him the job!  No kidding!  How many people do you know have gotten promoted while out on a leave of absence??  Not many, I'm supposing.  Why am I sharing this with you, you ask?  Well, because when Matt goes back to work on Tuesday, for the first time since Feb. 7, he will be going back to a new position as the...are you ready for this...B-O-S-S!  I am so incredibly proud of him!  Now, for the past few years, he has been working in IT Asset Management, meaning he inventories computers, servers, etc. for a major state department.  The required attire for IT Asset Management: T-shirt and shorts/jeans.  The required attire for B-O-S-S: Professional.  Hmmm.  This means we have to go shopping.  This means that D's first B-O-S-S paycheck has to go toward "professional" attire.  This promotion is not a significant raise for D, but it is another way that God revealed to us that he WILL provide.  It is just enough to support another child in this house on a monthly basis, and until then, to put toward the adoption.  HE is SO good. 

Why am I rambling on about this, you ask?  Because we had to go shopping, like, department store shopping, which is something we NEVER do.  The five of us ONLY get new clothes for birthdays or Christmas.  So, knowing that we were on a VERY tight budget, we decided to check out the new Burlington Coat Factory in town.  The other closest Burlington is a few exits north on the freeway, but in a questionable neighborhood, so we were kind of excited about checking the new one out, and we were pleasantly surprised.  The prices were along the lines of Ross or TJ Maxx, but everything was neat and orderly.  While D crutched around perusing the "professional" wear and the little girls played the whole "don't touch me, don't look at me, don't even think about me" game in the cart, my eye wandered over to this:



How fun would it be to have a boy?!  We love our girls so much and, certainly, it would be much, much easier to have a girl, but gosh...we sure would love to try a boy out.  I'm so glad that we've given it up to God and let him decide for us again.  Besides, does it really matter what WE want?  If we believe that God has already chosen our child for us, does it really matter that WE want a boy?  I think not.  I think God is perfect in his timing and his choosing, unlike us, so we'll just leave it at that and be surprised at the ultrasound...I mean referral.  :)

So, long story short - I got to look at baby boy clothes yesterday and it was so fun and so exciting, and I LOVED that D was kind of into it to and shared a few "oohhs" and "ahhhhs."

2 comments:

  1. I saw that longing look you gave at Isaac's Easter outfit the other day. :) Your attitude in all this is so great, Traci and Matt. I agree that another boy would be fantastic in the Feaster household, but we'll all love a little girl just the same, and since God ALREADY knows who will come to your household, we can be reassured that boy or girl, he or she will be just the right one!
    But personally, I can't WAIT until we find out since then the baby shower planning can begin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete