Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Your Questions

I feel bad that I haven't written anything lately, but there really hasn't been too much to report.  We did finish our home study paper chase last week, which is a HUGE relief, and because of the money raised from our pizza fundraiser, we were able to pay the invoice and move forward - praise God!  We are now waiting to hear from our assigned social worker.  We are also very close to having our Dossier paperwork finished - we've done our part...just waiting for everyone to get back to us (the hard part).  Hoping to have it all done by the time our home study is done.

So, since I don't have anything too noteworthy to share with you, I thought it might be kind of fun to open this up and make it a little more interactive by answering YOUR questions about OUR adoption.  So....please send me your questions about our adoption!  I know you have some...everyone does.  You can send them anonymously if you like.  I will answer each of the questions as openly and honestly as I can.

Until then, please consider joining us for our African Extravaganza on May 22nd.  It is being planned by our pastor's wife, who is an incredible event planner!  The music and entertainment will be provided by Jey (a very popular Kenyan DJ) and Samu (a very popular Kenyan rap artist).  They have both become "brothers" to us and are incredibly musically talented and HYSTERICAL.  They have great things planned, including fun stuff with the kiddos.  We are going to have appetizers catered by Queen Sheba, the local Ethiopian restaurant, and cake, as well as other traditional African desserts.  Beverages will include spiced iced tea and a traditional coffee ceremony.  Our adoption t-shirts will be available and there will be a silent auction with amazing items up for bid.  Ticket prices, to cover the cost of the event, are $8/adults, $4/children, and $20 for a family ticket.  A "love offering" will be taken.  There are two program times for your convenience: 4-6 p.m. & 7-9 p.m.  Please consider bringing your friends and family.  It is going to be a great time!  You can purchase your tickets by using the "partner with us" button on the left.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment