Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ants in my Pants!

I totally have ants in my pants tonight! 

For those not on Facebook (not really sure why you wouldn't be on FB, but we'll discuss that at a later date), I got my passport in the mail today! 

This is HUGE for a couple reasons:

1.  I have a passport!!!  I honestly thought that I could possibly get through this life without getting a passport...EVAR*.  Not that I didn't want to travel to some exotic foreign country, but I just never thought I really would.  Sure...we have dreams of going to Ireland, Germany, Australia, Italy...but I never really put too much weight into those dreams because I didn't want to be disappointed.  NEVER did I think I would have to get a passport to travel to AFRICA!!  This is probably the place that I wanted to go the most - where God was pulling me the most - but I never actually thought it would happen.

2.   We can send in our Dossier as soon as Daddy's passport arrives!  His appointment at the good ol' USPS was exactly one week after mine...so his should arrive next week.  All we need to complete our Dossier is copies of our passports, which we should have by this time next week, as well as having everything notarized and state certified, which will happen on Monday and Tuesday of next week.  Why is this such a big deal??  Because sending our Dossier means we will officially be on the wait list...we will have a # .  Right now...I think they are passing out numbers in the 30s.  I'm beginning to think the 30s aren't so bad (despite the brakes that my metabolism applied).  Oh wait...do you know what the number is for?  Its so that we can be matched with a baby.  A beautiful, brown eyed, brown skinned, curly haired, blessing of a baby!

I am totally on pins and needles tonight.  Giddy with anticipation.  This is going to be a long road and I am completely out of Advil P.M.

* Still know that EVER is spelled with an ER at the end, but still like to use AR to add emphasis, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I stole the idea from another blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment