I can't believe it's taken me so long to get this post done. For.Stinking.Ever.
My sister-in-law called me a couple months ago to tell me that my sweet nieces and nephews wanted to do something to be a part of bringing their cousin home from Ethiopia. How rad is that! The oldest niece and nephew have birthdays in June, and rather than having a birthday bash in their honor, they wanted to host a rummage sale and donate the proceeds to our adoption fund. All.Choked.Up. They collected items from their neighbors, friends, and church and this was the result:
And this is what it was all about:
And these are the marvelous kiddos (far left and far right) who gave up their birthday party:
Other than the sister-in-law throwing out her back before the ribbon was cut (did I mention that she helped with this?), it was an incredible day and we are so grateful. Many thanks to the rest of the family that came to help (mom and dad in law, Colleen, Ed, Tammy, Candace) and to everyone who donated. We are so humbled...again. I don't know about you, but never before have I made 900 bucks hanging out in the sun, spending time with family on a Saturday morning. God is amazing!
Wanna hear my favorite stories of the day?
I sold a big, tough-looking black man a few stuffed teddy bears (he collects them) and a very country kun-try (we're talking carved heart and floral fabric cover) wooden chair that turns into a ironing board for $20+. Good times.
I also met a woman who gave her son up for adoption 30+ years ago. They have recently reconnected and I was so blessed to get to hear her story. What an incredibly selfless act. I hope that God blesses their reunion more than she could ever imagine.
Thank you so much nieces, nephews, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law for taking time out of your incredibly busy schedules to be a part of this adventure. We cannot wait to bring another child into this family.
No comments:
Post a Comment