Oh, my love. I have been thinking about you so much lately. Actually, I think about you constantly.
We celebrated a family tradition five years in the making yesterday. Each year for Labor Day we have an Iron Chef competition with Daddy's family. More than anything, it's an excuse to get together, and it's so much fun. Your great grandmother and Aunt Tammy asked about you and how soon you would be coming home. They are so good at keeping up with this process and watching the numbers get smaller and smaller until our referral. They are waiting on pins and needles to meet you...praying that a miracle might bring you home before Christmas, or possibly Valentine's Day. But, we all relished in the idea of you being here for the next Iron Chef!
So many of our friends have had babies in the last couple months, and I have really enjoyed taking them meals, buying teeny tiny little outfits, and soaking in all the newborn goodness. It has given me an excuse to browse the baby aisles of the stores. Not sure if that makes this harder or easier. I want it to be you that I'm buying the tiny outfits for, that is snuggled in the crook of my neck, and have other people bringing us meals. Yes, baby, your mommy can be selfish like that. I just want you home.
I find myself longing to know more about you...anything about you. Will I be buying pink or blue? Six month outfits or 12 month outfits? Bows or Nike's? I want to wrap you in the most incredibly soft blankets and give you a massage with the delicious baby lotions. I want to swaddle you and snuggle you close. I want to see your cheeks move up and down and in and out as you suck on a bottle. I want to see your eyes light up when your sisters come home from school. I want to smell your sweet morning breath. I want to run my hand over your curly hair and kiss the top of your sweet head. Oh, baby, I WANT YOU!
You are so loved and so wanted and so special and we NEED you to be a part of this family.
Until next time,
xoxoxo
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's very sweet!
ReplyDeleteI know those thoughts and feelings...
they just switch over to more specific longings once you know him/her... but then you have a sweet photo to put with your longing heart!
Your baby is one special child! God has great plans for him/her and I am so excited for you guys! You are such a great family! One blessed child for sure!
ReplyDelete