Monday, February 8, 2010

Not a Blogger

I think it's only fair to start this out by telling you that I am not a blogger, writer, journalist, etc. I just thought that this would be a fun way to keep our friends and family up to date on the newest and possibly greatest adventure of our lives (up to this point). Although I did finally get an A in English 1A from Sacramento City College, my writing skills are lacking, especially creative writing. So, please allow lots of grace when reading this blog and just enjoy the ride.

As it stands right now, we are the Feaster Family of Five:


Daddy is the typical go-to-the-office to put in an eight hour day, five days a week, kinda daddy/husband. He doesn't get much satisfaction from his job, but he sucks it up every day to provide for his family. He is a fantastic provider for both our physical needs and our emotional needs. He loves his girls more than anything - all four of them.




KG is our oldest daughter, having just turned nine. She is extremely book smart, beautiful, kind, thoughtful, and is turning into a young lady right before our eyes. She is becoming VERY helpful with the bigger tasks in the kitchen, which is great for both me and her. She loves following a recipe and is really quite good at it. She has made us look like the best parents ever.




Dirty-Mac is our middle daughter at 5-1/2. She is a sensitive one about EVERYTHING. This kid's senses are all heightened, especially smell and touch, but she is also very sweet and sensitive to those around her. She is absolutely adorable with her round cheeks and blue eyes, and her hair ROCKS! Daddy and I are always telling her how great her hair is. It has the perfect combination of body and shine, and once blown-out, it can go for days and still be great. Although challenging as a newborn, she is an absolutely J-O-Y now.




Little Bit is...well...Little Bit. At four years old, she is still a hurricane, but not like when she was two. She is a hurricane of emotions, never leaving you wondering what she's thinking or feeling? She is sharp as a tack, quick to let you know how she feels about what you just did, and wears her heart on her sleeve. She has to learn the lesson the hard way most days, learning slowly that mommy doesn't joke around when a warning is given. When we found out we were pregnant with her, we were physically ill - WE ALREADY HAD A BABY! But, we can't imagine our lives without our Little Bit.




We also have the coolest dog EVAR - Jake. He's a boxer, pit, lab mix (we think), and he's rad.






I guess that leaves little ol' me - the "homely" little wife. I am blessed to be able to stay home and earn some income all at the same time. God's provision never seems to stop blowing my socks off. I feel so blessed to have children that make me laugh every day and surprise me with moments of getting along. I am blessed even more by having a husband who holds my hand through everything. He is my best friend, my rock, my resting place, my laughs, my lover, and my inspiration. God sure knew what he was doing when he brought us together.


All that being said, we're a pretty average Christian family. We believe that everything we have is a gift from God. We believe that all good things come from Him. We are grateful for the cross and the sacrifice that was made so that we may live. We do our best to show God's love to others and to be obedient to His calls, which is the reason for this blog.

3 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued, Traci. I loved your post and you are a beautiful writer! Can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the journey begins in the blogosphere! I love it and concur with Mitz, Traci. You are a beautiful writer. This fam has your back, so go wherever God intends you to go. The safest place in the world is in the middle of His will.....

    ReplyDelete