Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Thoughts Before We Go

It was really, really hard to leave our girls tonight.

Ten days is a really long time.

My house is spotless and will stay that way for ten days.  That's a record.

We leave for the airport in three hours, and I have chosen to not go to bed.

In two days, we will be back in Ethiopia.

Our son turns eight months old on Sunday.

I will be with him on Monday.

The day after that, he will be ours forever.

I can't believe God chose us for this mission.

I am in shock.

I am in denial.

I am in awe.

We have the best family and friends.  Bar none.  We could not have done this without them.

Ty's "room" rocks.

I was pretty mad at God tonight when my girls were sobbing and clinging to us, wishing we didn't have to go.

Why us?

We have a rear-facing car seat in our van again.  It's been a long time.

I'm going to need a new blog header and name.

God wants to give us the desires of our heart.  I REALLY desire business class for our long flights.

I can't wait for our family and friends to meet our son.

I feel guilty that so many people have worked to bring him home, but he gets to be with us every day.

Having a baby around is going to make things much more difficult.

I can't wait to have a baby around again.

I can't wait to put my nose in his neck.

I can't wait to twist his curls around my finger.

I can't wait to feel him breathing on me while he sleeps.

I can't wait to try my Ergo.

I can't wait to pick out a stroller.

I CANNOT WAIT to see my daughters light up when they see their brother.

I CANNOT WAIT to see my girls again.

I CANNOT WAIT to be a family of six.

I CANNOT WAIT to say, "Yes, he is my son."

I can't wait to take him out the day after we get home to buy a new washer/dryer set.

I love my husband. 

I love how God softened my husband's heart and made us equally yolked in this adventure.

God rocks.

Let's get this show on the road!







1 comment: