Monday, May 9, 2011

What a treat!

I am so blessed today by a note from a friend who traveled with us on our first trip, who is in Ethiopia right now to pick up her son!!  She very generously and graciously looked in on Ty for us and said he was sleeping very peacefully, on his back, with his arms up next to his head.  Funny, because that's exactly how he was sleeping when we saw him for the first time!

"It was all cheerful, bright and loving...I feel like the nannies really love those kids.  And wow is the food gourmet!  I got a super-detailed list.  Those babies - yours too! - are eating stews that are the consistency of shiro.  I guess that is baby food consistency.  Today's was fish and potato.  It actually smelled good.  Milk 3X a day, oatmeal for breakfast, stew/soup for lunch, fresh pureed juice for snack...probably some I am forgetting."

Guess I need to pack some food to take along!!  I was only going to do formula, but it sounds like that might not be enough.

While we were really hoping to travel with this family for our second trip, I am thrilled for them and the fact that they will all be at home, complete, by the end of this week!!  So grateful that she took a few moments to check in on the rest of our kiddos and wait patiently for the computers at the Jemimah to send us all a note!  Thank you Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment