It was one of the happiest days of our lives - right up there with learning about our three other pregnancies, their births, etc. We stared at your pictures for hours each day and dreamt about the day you would be home and in our arms. I can't believe it's been a year. So many emotional highs and lows, but not for a second did we think of going back. We fell in love with you the moment we saw your beautiful face.
Now, one year later, on your 14 month birthday, we love you from the inside out and have learned so much about you!
You aren't walking on your own yet, although if the number of times people asked about it could speed up the process you'd be running without ever looking back! So many people love you!
You can stand on your own, when set down carefully, for about 10 seconds.
You have added "Ahhhh maaaaan" (sounds like a-men) and "Uh" (up) to your vocabulary. It's really hard to keep track of all of the words, so you just go through all of them when you want something.
You now know where your feet are and grab them when we ask you!
You make an awesome tiger.
You rock your lion beanie.
You're still a dancing fool -fitting into this family perfectly.
You crawl yourself into a corner, then sit up tall and cross your feet. It's amazing how perfectly they fit together. I LOVE this.
You love Thanksgiving food! Then again...you love ALL food.
You are working hard on breaking those molars through had now have the four front top teeth, four front bottom teeth, and 2-1/2 molars.
Motrin has been your BFF (and mine).
Your riding toys have become your favorite and you are able to climb on and off by yourself.
You've also figured out how to stand on the seat of the train, but can't figure out how to get down.
You can climb halfway up the stairs before I realize you're out of the room.
We're still working on the coming back down part.
You like to hold something hard in your hand while you crawl so that it bangs on the ground with every move forward.
This is so much fun.
You make sure that our kitchen floor is always covered in Gladware, chip clips, and water bottles.
You have been left in the nursery at church a couple times for a whopping 10-20 minutes.
I think they like you in there.
You LOVE it, yet always come "running" when we come to get you.
This warms my heart like crazy.
I love that I don't have to leave you in tears, but that you know who I am when I come to get you and you're happy to see me.
All the hard work to bond and attach is paying off.
It was so worth it.
You have had your first day trip to Apple Hill!
You sat on Santa's lap and didn't seem bothered by it in the least.
I think that's a first for our kids.
You have experienced Robert's Christmas Tree Farm and cut down your first Christmas tree!
You may have to take a bottle until 10 years old so that I can get that snuggle time in.
You are amazing, smart, handsome, loving, funny, charming, and you're MY son.
| First merry-go-round ride! |
| First trip to Funderland! |
| Fog Willow Pumpkin Patch field trip. |
| "Mummy loves me" |
| "Raaaawwwrrrr" |
| First Halloween |
| Team Feaster with Tiger mascot. |
| Keeping the tiger contained! |
| First hot dog on a stick. |
| First trip to Apple Hill |
| Loving Great Grandpa |
| My handsome boys |
| First Thanksgiving |
| "I'm thankful for: #1 Mommy & Daddy. #2 Yummy Turkey. #3 Football." |
| Robert's Christmas Tree Farm for tree cutting! |
He's grown so much! How blessed are you to have such wonderful boy, and how blessed is he to have three loving sisters! Wish I can see him someday soon!
ReplyDelete