So, I really don't have much to say, but I feel really bad that I haven't posted anything since Thursday, especially since I just read a note from someone saying that they check in every day for the latest news! Yikes! That's a lot of pressure, folks.
I will tell you this - an adoption pregnancy is by far the best kind of pregnancy. Had a "cocktail" last night, a glass of vino tonight, no morning sickness, no weird cravings, no weight gain (I hope), no barricading myself in my bedroom and shoving towels in the crack at the bottom of the door to keep the smell of chicken teriyaki from seeping through, I still desire "relations" with my husband (sometimes), I can stay awake past 8:00 p.m., no gagging when I brush my teeth, no stretch mark worries, no weird skin break-outs...need I go on? I can only say all of this because I have experienced the joy of pregnancy three times now, and although I would do it again in a heart beat...I have to say...this is pretty nice.
I do wish that I knew our baby was safe, tucked snuggly in my womb, knowing it's getting adequate nourishment. It's hard knowing that all of those things are out of my control and in the hands of someone from an extremely impoverished country, who has barely enough to eat herself, who possibly doesn't have any shoes to wear, who drinks water infested with parasites, and who has most likely never taken a bubble bath at the end of a long day. If you will, please keep both the mother of our baby and our baby in your prayers. Please pray that the birth mother has more than enough to eat each day, has time to rest, and clean water to drink. Please pray that God's angels of mercy and protection are surrounding her constantly, keeping her and our baby safe from all things evil. I am aware that regardless of what our outside circumstances are, it is all in God's hands and I am so grateful for that. It is so nice that I don't have to carry this burden alone.
We have received SO many wonderful words of encouragement and support and love. We are completely blown away by the methods and people God is using to confirm our decision to do this. What an amazing gift from HIM.
Well friends, the entry that started without much to say has turned into much more than I imagined. Hope I didn't bore you all. Maybe you can use it to drift off to sleep tonight.
Much love from the Feaster Family!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog rule #1--never blog if you don't feel like it! :) Keep it enjoyable, never an obligation. That said, I'm glad things are moving along so nicely for you guys. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDelete