Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Well...sorta maybe.

We just received our first phone call from Holt International (the adoption agency we are using). They wanted to set up a phone interview for tomorrow morning at 9:30. Both Matt and I have to be on the phone, and it is with the Sacramento office social worker.

We can't even tell you how excited we were to see "Holt" on the caller ID! This is going to be quite a journey if we're already getting "those feelings" every time Holt calls. How are we going to feel when we're anticipating a call with the referral of our child? Or our court date? Or to tell us when to travel??? I can't even imagine! I'm so excited!

While Matt was on the phone he asked if this meant we were officially "approved." The response: "Well, I don't really see anything on your application that would make you not be approved. No medical conditions...medications that would cause concern...." Huh? What does that mean? Should we start our fund raising?? "Yeah, you can probably go ahead and get started on that. The Ethiopia program goes pretty quickly." Woo Hoo! I'm so excited!

So, we have our big phone call tomorrow morning to "welcome" us to the program, and we'll talk to the SW about whether or not we are "official." My heart rate has picked up the pace a bit, and I'm sure I won't sleep well tonight.

I was sure that I wasn't going to feel all weird about all of this - that I was going to stay calm, cool, and collected. That it didn't really matter how long things were going to take because this was God's deal and God's timeline...not ours. But, the waiting is going to KILL me, especially when we're waiting on someone else. It's one thing to be waiting because WE have stuff to do, but to wait for someone else to get their stuff together seems completely unreasonable. Heh heh. I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Patience does mean "long suffering," after all.

So, cheers, y'all! Something to toast with your Guinness on this fine St. Patty's Day - we're moving forward!!

1 comment: